geekmansworld writes The Chinese want to capture an asteroid in Earth orbit and mine From the article:. On the surface, causing a near-Earth asteroid appears to be one of those what might go wrong scenarios we usually try and avoid, and for good reasons. Asteroid impacts are large hard times, the China, however, seem fairly optimistic that they could change the orbit of a near-Earth asteroid with just enough (a shift of only about 1300 feet per second or so) to bring it to temporarily enter Earth’s orbit around twice the distance than the Moon.
- Ask Slashdot: Best Supporting Major For a mechanical engineer?
- Engadget HD Podcast 263 – 08.30.2011
- Sprint mogul early termination fee of $ 350, wants to play with the big boys
- Losing battle against the USPS Age E-mail
- 3TB Hard Drive Round Up
- (Possible) Hacker Diginotar appears
- Gamer food PS3 and Xbox 360 in one case, clears the shelf space for the trifecta
- Ubuntu releases proposed monthly
- Stanford AI class beta for a commercial launch?
- Audi A2 announces electric car concept, uses lasers to ensure the safety of future humans