geekmansworld writes The Chinese want to capture an asteroid in Earth orbit and mine From the article:. On the surface, causing a near-Earth asteroid appears to be one of those what might go wrong scenarios we usually try and avoid, and for good reasons. Asteroid impacts are large hard times, the China, however, seem fairly optimistic that they could change the orbit of a near-Earth asteroid with just enough (a shift of only about 1300 feet per second or so) to bring it to temporarily enter Earth’s orbit around twice the distance than the Moon.
- Dell jams a terabyte of storage SSD SATA3 Precision M6600 laptop
- Xbox 360 modders claim hacker CPU, partying like a N64 (video)
- Microsoft adds Acer, ViewSonic to the list of patent license
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Samsung i727 shows the decision of the FCC, AT and T confesses his secret LTE
- Quantum Phantom program turns your smartphone into a wireless mouse (video)
- Based Kinect Breakout whole building
- Portable microscope uses holograms instead Lens
- Sport Jabra Bluetooth Headset allows you to work the thigh master concalls Durning
- IP addresses is not enough to ID users