itwbennett writing groups of environmental monitoring in China on Wednesday released a report detailing a survey five months of electronic suppliers they believe are used by Apple. According to the report, and accessory manufacturer Kaedar Electronics manufacturer of printed circuit board Unimicron were discharged waste water and harmful gases from their plants in the Chinese city of Kunshan. The report says that over a period of 10 years, many people have fallen ill with a significant increase in cancer rates in the village. Since 2007, more than nine people suffered or died from cancer in the village, which has a population of less than 60. Apple declined to say whether the companies cited were in fact its suppliers, but company spokeswoman Carolyn Wu, in response to the report, said: Apple ‘s commitment to drive the highest standards of social responsibility in our supply base.
- The Guardian and the encryption key Wikileaks
- Why are amoral microtransactions In Games
- Android Tricorder Killed by CBS
- Akamai employee tried to sell secrets to Israel
- Vestel, Extent bring games to Android televisions, with ‘all-you-can-eat subscription service
- Sony Ericsson announces Xperia Arc S at IFA, coming in October
- Do celebrity endorsements on Google + require disclosure?
- Sprint to Upgrade to double costs $ 36 from Sept. 9?
- Robot roller Solar carries to work on a tank of humiliation (video)
- 8 Windows Desktop ‘Just Another App’?