itwbennett writing groups of environmental monitoring in China on Wednesday released a report detailing a survey five months of electronic suppliers they believe are used by Apple. According to the report, and accessory manufacturer Kaedar Electronics manufacturer of printed circuit board Unimicron were discharged waste water and harmful gases from their plants in the Chinese city of Kunshan. The report says that over a period of 10 years, many people have fallen ill with a significant increase in cancer rates in the village. Since 2007, more than nine people suffered or died from cancer in the village, which has a population of less than 60. Apple declined to say whether the companies cited were in fact its suppliers, but company spokeswoman Carolyn Wu, in response to the report, said: Apple ‘s commitment to drive the highest standards of social responsibility in our supply base.
- 3TB Hard Drive Round Up
- Tivoli Audio PAL Announces + and model 10 + clock radio, we go over the ears
- Wicked Lasers S3 Krypton laser is bright enough to blind the astronauts (video)
- Do celebrity endorsements on Google + require disclosure?
- How to Kill the Internet has contributed groundbreaking
- Scientists create a new kind of superconducting son
- The Great Big camera is very big, very big
- New USB 3.0 Flash Drive 2 TB storage
- Sony Alpha DSLR-5N for sale, NEX-7 available for pre-order
- Find My iPhone used to identify a plane crash in Chile