itwbennett writing groups of environmental monitoring in China on Wednesday released a report detailing a survey five months of electronic suppliers they believe are used by Apple. According to the report, and accessory manufacturer Kaedar Electronics manufacturer of printed circuit board Unimicron were discharged waste water and harmful gases from their plants in the Chinese city of Kunshan. The report says that over a period of 10 years, many people have fallen ill with a significant increase in cancer rates in the village. Since 2007, more than nine people suffered or died from cancer in the village, which has a population of less than 60. Apple declined to say whether the companies cited were in fact its suppliers, but company spokeswoman Carolyn Wu, in response to the report, said: Apple ‘s commitment to drive the highest standards of social responsibility in our supply base.
- Viewsonic abandons plans for Boxee-powered TV
- Amazon, 7-Eleven team to be delivered at your convenience store
- Dutch government revokes certificates Diginotar
- CEO of Amazon flying accidents water tank, leaves tooth in his dream of space travel
- Updates STOR.E Toshiba external hard drives for PCs and TVs
- NYT work on Magic Mirror Bathroom Surf
- How do you explain the development of software to students in second?
- IFA 2011 wrap-up
- Sprint mogul early termination fee of $ 350, wants to play with the big boys
- Sixteen years later: still need a GNU extension language