from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/oDlim9So30g/James-Gosling-Leaves-Google:
scottbomb writes Well, it did not take long: After only a few months at Google, Java founder James Gosling has left the giant search engine to access a small company specializing in ocean-based start-up robotics. In a brief blog about his new company, Gosling said: They have a growing fleet of autonomous vehicles that stray from the ocean to collect data from a variety of onboard sensors and uploading it to the cloud. Robots have a lot of satellite uplink / communication speed GSM / WiMax and redundant GPS units. They have a lot of deployments. For example, there is a set of robots patrolling the sea around the well in the Gulf Macondo Mexico in the water chemistry control. The harvest energy from the craft waves for propulsion and can remain at sea for a very long time. The longer a unit has been out is 2 , 5 (ish) years. They can cross oceans …. slowly. They travel at 1-2 knots, which is a high speed data collection.
- DOT Grants $ 15M to test car to car communication
- PIGORASS quadruped robot baby steps last serious AIBO (video)
- Marvell debut first single-chip modem LTE world of smartphones, and tablets
- Acer W4 hands on (video)
- Son superconducting sapphire are as cool as the sound
- Epic Touch Samsung 4G available for pre-order on Wirefly, early adopters get a price break of $ 50
- Lucasfilm Unveils Sandcrawler an office in Singapore
- The Guardian and the encryption key Wikileaks
- Is this the end of Righthaven?
- Sony S tablet now available for preorder, shipping 16th September