At the International Broadcasters Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam yesterday, Adobe has unveiled a slew of new software solutions, including Adobe Pass, Flash Access 3.0 and Flash Media Server 4.5. Pass allows cable operators and other content providers to offer TV streaming from multiple sources through a single connection solution, while access is the platform for content protection, which can now offer streaming video to mobile devices . But it’s Media Server 4.5 that has been gathering the most attention of the press, through its support for IOS. Now do not get too excited, you still can not really use flash on your iPhone. But the latest version of the software provides the ability to stream video using the Apple-friendly format HTTP Streaming Live. So still no Kongregate for iPhone users, but partners can now put as MediaPlatform live webcasts on your iPhone. Check the PR after the break.
- Lenovo ThinkPad tablet tab Galaxy vs Samsung 10.1 … Fight!
- Ask Eben Upton Director About the Foundation raspberry Pi
- Vestel exhibits a BitTorrent Certified prototype TV at IFA
- Sonnet announces RackMac mini Xserver, makes office life seem more legit Apple IT
- Olympus Pen E-PM1 hands on (video)
- New York Times magic mirror to help you get dressed, put the wall in paywall (video)
- Sony MDR-DS7500 headphones promise 3D solid, will play well with your 3D glasses
- 18-Year-Old Student discovers Comet Break-Up
- Bezos reveals failure of the test flight Blue Origin Rocket
- Pogoplug mobile hands on