At the International Broadcasters Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam yesterday, Adobe has unveiled a slew of new software solutions, including Adobe Pass, Flash Access 3.0 and Flash Media Server 4.5. Pass allows cable operators and other content providers to offer TV streaming from multiple sources through a single connection solution, while access is the platform for content protection, which can now offer streaming video to mobile devices . But it’s Media Server 4.5 that has been gathering the most attention of the press, through its support for IOS. Now do not get too excited, you still can not really use flash on your iPhone. But the latest version of the software provides the ability to stream video using the Apple-friendly format HTTP Streaming Live. So still no Kongregate for iPhone users, but partners can now put as MediaPlatform live webcasts on your iPhone. Check the PR after the break.
- Toshiba Qosmio DX730 all-in-one styles Regza brings to your desktop
- Gmail, Google Calendar and Docs finally regain access offline
- Sprint filed a complaint against AT and T T-Mobile Merger
- How to Kill the Internet has contributed groundbreaking
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Obama administrator wants hackers charged as gangsters
- Responds to Diginotar Rogue certificate problem
- Google to introduce new programming language – Dart
- Samsung S Galaxy II NFC newspapers confirm support for AT and T, Sprint for any
- Ask Slashdot: better programs to learn?