Welcome IRL, an ongoing feature where we talk about gadgets, applications and toys we use in real life and take a second look at products that have already obtained the formal review process.
Welcome to IRL, a new column where we dissect, defend and gripe about the gadgets we use in real life. This week, Dante gets a TouchPad Firesale, Dana ditches her for a Random Zip Sansa Clip, Tim on a boat with the DeLorme PN-60 and Darren explains why, exactly, it is still attached to its Nexus.
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Swarmanoid ‘bots rule Air, Land, Library
- SSD cost is worth it, users say
- How to Kill the Internet has contributed groundbreaking
- Bezos reveals failure of the test flight Blue Origin Rocket
- Booktrack Adds Music and sound effects to electronic books
- Dolly house Pico replaces roller skate tripods for smaller productions cameras (video)
- LaunchPort accusations wireless iPad 2, infects users with jubilation (video)
- Smart Bar eAccess Gingerbread combines with traditional keypad for those who love the old school
- Chinese want to capture an asteroid