Proposed new story written CSHARP123 Microsoft has released details of a Windows feature that 8 is a hybrid between a cold start and wake up a hibernating state This function is called Quick Start mode Gabe Aul, director of management Programs in Windows, says ..: [A] s in Windows 7, we close user sessions, but instead of closing the session of the nucleus, we hibernate. Compared to full hibernation, which includes a large number of pages memory used by applications, session data hibernation is much smaller 0, which takes much less time to write to disk. If you are not familiar with hibernation, we actually save the system status and memory contents in a file on disk (hiberfil.sys), then reading that back in the CV and restore contents back to memory. Using this technique with boot gives us a significant advantage for startup times, since reading hiberfile in and reset the driver is much faster on most systems (30-70% faster on most systems we’ve tested). The message contains a video as well , which shows the Windows startup in less than 10 seconds.
- Ask Slashdot: better programs to learn?
- Samsung announces three phones Wave, dripping Bada 2.0 and Kitten
- Nintendo 3DS range revealed Ambassador Program, available September 1st game
- Tech MSI reversible fan keeps dust, cooled graphics card
- Samsung to sell limited edition crystal-studded 9 Series laptops
- Viewsonic abandons plans for Boxee-powered TV
- Meteorites Offer Icelandic rocks brought gold To Earth
- Samsung Wave 3 hands on (video)
- Smart Bar eAccess Gingerbread combines with traditional keypad for those who love the old school
- South Korea Censors Censor Its owner