angry tapir writes Mozilla has released only one track field guide to encourage advertisers and publishers to implement not-track (DNT) functionality. The guide contains tutorials, case studies and examples of code for illustrate how companies use technology DNT. Mozilla aims to inspire developers, publishers and advertisers to adopt DNT and wants to control the monitoring of the Internet in the hands of users. The browser maker wants to end behavioral targeting and tracking ubiquitous on the Web. The guide can be found here (PDF).
- FPS Benchmarks No More? New methods reveal deeper issues GPU
- Wicked Lasers S3 Krypton laser is bright enough to blind the astronauts (video)
- Is Nintendo 3DS joystick add-on?
- NYT work on Magic Mirror Bathroom Surf
- 3TB Hard Drive Round Up
- Altec Lansing exhibits an iPod dock, speakers AirPlay, plus a helmet for the ladies
- A prototype mind control Haier TV hits the IFA, we front-on (video)
- PIGORASS quadruped robot baby steps last serious AIBO (video)
- Scientists Sequence Black Death bacteria
- Princeton neuroscientists map of your brain, play with words subjects