Dell is refining some of the options on its Precision M6600 and M4600 mobile workstations. You can now choose to add 512GB SSD SATA3 and (in the case of the M6600) a 4 GB NVIDIA Quadro 5010M card. The interesting thing though is that the 6600 has space for three drives: two full size and mini-card slot. This means you could fit this beast of 17.3 inches with a pair of 512 GB SSD and a 128GB SSD for a total of 1.1TB of storage in solid form. Of course, with each half-terabyte drive to add a whopping $ 1120 at the cost of this work lappy it’s not exactly for those on a budget. But we would not be surprised to see the fallout of high-end platforms, portable gaming (we want you to Alienware) fairly quickly.
- Text generation from functional brain images
- Iridium satellite phone AxcessPoint turns your mobile into a hotspot
- Do celebrity endorsements on Google + require disclosure?
- Justice Dept. files a complaint against antitrust AT and T and T-Mobile Merger
- Submersible Chinese planning to dive record
- Nintendo Faces Patent Suit on the Wii
- Ask Engadget: the best desktop OS for children?
- OpenDNS and Google Work on Global Internet Speedup
- Inhabitat Week in Green: magnetic highways, the MoMA exhibition and Tech lasers in the sky
- Zero1 Remote Control for IOS VooMote Zapper hands on (video)