GovTechGuy wrote The Obama administration wants hackers to be prosecuted under the same laws used to target organized crime syndicates, according to two officials who appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday morning the article. ‘Sub – Assistant Attorney General, James Baker and Deputy Special Agent Secret Service in charge of Pablo Martinez said the maximum penalties for cyber crimes have failed to keep pace with the severity of the threat. Martinez said pirates are often members of criminal networks. Secret Service investigations have shown that electronic complex and sophisticated crimes are rarely committed by one individual, said Martinez.
- Inhabitat Week in Green: magnetic highways, the MoMA exhibition and Tech lasers in the sky
- Sony reveals pricing and sizes is Google TV?
- Ask Slashdot: Best Supporting Major For a mechanical engineer?
- Ask Slashdot: Can you identify this UAV?
- Single-Chip DIMM to replace large sticks of RAM
- Adobe unveils new software tools compatible iOS added option of streaming video
- Dutch government revokes certificates Diginotar
- THX Media Director Star Wars coming to Blu-ray
- Army kills bacteria electrified uranium, Captain Planet gives a run for its money
- NYT work on Magic Mirror Bathroom Surf