Oh, look – it’s Pixar lamp iconic Frankenlife brought to the real world. Well, not really, but automation, voice activation mod is as close to the icon of the movie studio as a kit of piracy and five euros in a Swedish furniture store can you get. The prototype, affectionately called The IKEA lamp annoying or SM-1, came ArduinoArts finalist for the SeeedStudio contest Grove toy kit. Led by the Industrial Engineer Javier Lander, the project marries two servos (one in the database and in the lamp), motion sensors and sound, a three-axis accelerometer, LED light panel and audio to an Arduino shield , springing from the modjob to program the alert and irritation. We welcome Javier avoiding mawkish road well traveled , and giving the fire a banal office grumpy old man makeover. Click past the break to see this desk accessory curmudgeonly in action.
- Fisker EV Surf shooting brakes to make waves in Frankfurt
- Energy from recovery in Germany
- Bell was preparing its LTE network, Samsung S Galaxy II LTE and Tab 8.9 to be available at launch?
- Russia wants to Shut Down For YouTube piracy
- Environment navigation audio-haptic makes music the way hands free (video)
- Sony unveils new A, E and S series players for Music Unlimited freebie
- Is this the end of Righthaven?
- Chinese suppliers of Apple accused of causing significant environmental damage
- Nintendo 3DS range revealed Ambassador Program, available September 1st game
- Leakage of honor Huawei in nature, is preparing for the ascent to the throne lighthouse?