When Eben Upton does not work as an architect for Broadcom ASIC, he was the Director of the Foundation of raspberry Pi Foundation is a registered charity in the UK that exists to promote the study of computer science and subjects related, especially at school level. Raspberry Pi plans to develop, manufacture and distribute ultra-low-cost computer for use in teaching computer programming to children. Their first product is about the size of a credit card, and is designed to plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen tablet at low cost. The expected price is $ 25 for a reference model a device, and $ 35 for a device Model B with integrated 2-port USB hub, Ethernet 10/100 controller and 128 MB of additional RAM. Eben has agreed to answer your questions about what it takes to make an ultra-low cost computer, running an educational charity, or anything else. Usual Slashdot interview guidelines apply: ask as many questions as you like, but please keep one for comment.
- Movies Hubble Shoots stellar jets
- Games Worth is complaining about?
- Audi A2 announces electric car concept, uses lasers to ensure the safety of future humans
- Medion announces LifeTab P9514 tablet, mysterious Android smartphone at IFA
- Juno look back, Photographs Earth-Moon system
- Sony S tablet now available for preorder, shipping 16th September
- Nike unveils shoe MAG 2011, to auction 1,500 pairs of kicks in the coolest Hill Valley for charity
- Mozilla Issues Do-Not-Track Guide For advertisers
- Native Instruments Maschine Mikro just wants to dance in the world, forget the price tag