When Eben Upton does not work as an architect for Broadcom ASIC, he was the Director of the Foundation of raspberry Pi Foundation is a registered charity in the UK that exists to promote the study of computer science and subjects related, especially at school level. Raspberry Pi plans to develop, manufacture and distribute ultra-low-cost computer for use in teaching computer programming to children. Their first product is about the size of a credit card, and is designed to plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen tablet at low cost. The expected price is $ 25 for a reference model a device, and $ 35 for a device Model B with integrated 2-port USB hub, Ethernet 10/100 controller and 128 MB of additional RAM. Eben has agreed to answer your questions about what it takes to make an ultra-low cost computer, running an educational charity, or anything else. Usual Slashdot interview guidelines apply: ask as many questions as you like, but please keep one for comment.
- Lenovo ThinkPad tablet tab Galaxy vs Samsung 10.1 … Fight!
- Bias in the IT age: the reality behind the rumors
- The man becomes an artist when he sleeps
- Researchers Wed quantum processor with a quantum memory, quaziness follows
- Toshiba glasses free 3D TV will be launched in Europe in December as this ZL2
- Engadget is back to school guide 2011: Games
- Adobe unveils new software tools compatible iOS added option of streaming video
- Toshiba Regza HDTV nine WL800A connects to your smartphone via MHL
- Hidden wireless diagnostics application in OS X Lion
- Building 2011 Sub-$ 200 computer