theodp writes In 80 years, Bill Gates and his girlfriend, then went on dates virtual watching the same movie simultaneously in different cities and talk on their cell phones. On Tuesday, Gates and 15 co-inventors were issued U.S. Patent No. 8,012,023 for ‘Virtual Entertainment’, as Microsoft explains: The subject innovation provides systems and methods that provide immersive entertainment, and create a sensation of a user (s) which is similar to have guests (which are in remote locations) to be presented as a virtual guest to the user during the execution of an event (eg a live sporting event, audience games, TV shows, games and others). And what Audre Lorde said that stupid is no new ideas!
- Parallels Desktop 7 plays nice with the Lions and the cameras and developers, oh my god!
- Garmin StreetPilot iPhone application launches onDemand offers transportation schedules
- $ 5 million files Torrented Presented as Art
- Bulldozer chips AMD ships 16-core servers, making consumers wait their turn
- Dutch government revokes certificates Diginotar
- Smart Bar eAccess Gingerbread combines with traditional keypad for those who love the old school
- DOT Grants $ 15M to test car to car communication
- Motorola has announced Pro + Gingerbread, a few other improvements
- Justice Dept. files a complaint against antitrust AT and T and T-Mobile Merger
- Team-TouchDroid dual boot Android on TouchPad – touch screen not included