theodp writes In 80 years, Bill Gates and his girlfriend, then went on dates virtual watching the same movie simultaneously in different cities and talk on their cell phones. On Tuesday, Gates and 15 co-inventors were issued U.S. Patent No. 8,012,023 for ‘Virtual Entertainment’, as Microsoft explains: The subject innovation provides systems and methods that provide immersive entertainment, and create a sensation of a user (s) which is similar to have guests (which are in remote locations) to be presented as a virtual guest to the user during the execution of an event (eg a live sporting event, audience games, TV shows, games and others). And what Audre Lorde said that stupid is no new ideas!
- Native Instruments Maschine Mikro just wants to dance in the world, forget the price tag
- Study suggests magnets can force you to tell the truth
- Juno look back, Photographs Earth-Moon system
- Updates STOR.E Toshiba external hard drives for PCs and TVs
- LG 3D Optimus develop thin handset could be ready for 2012
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Nokia 701 Hands on
- Must See HDTV (September 5th – 11th)
- Success is related to their crackability tablet?
- Canadian Court Sides online anonymity