from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/JMqyOHKXULM/Carol-Bartz-Is-Out-As-Yahoos-CEO:
itwbennett sends word that Carol Bartz is no longer the CEO of Yahoo. Company CFO Tim Morse will take the responsibilities of the position temporarily. In an email to Yahoo staff, Bartz said she was fired over the phone by the Chairman of the Board of Directors. AllThingsD blog sums up the situation: [When Bartz replaced Jerry Yang], it presented an image take no prisoners and has been touted as someone with a reputation as a professional manager who could clean the place is not, as. it turned out. As Carol Bartz has streamlined some areas and made some solid hires management, performance has been significantly dented and mostly downhill. The share price has settled in at about $ 12.50 (about what it was when Bartz took over), Yahoo recent financial results have been weak, the key advertising business is in trouble, its rate attrition among engineers and others is surprisingly high and the cycle of product innovation seems clogged.
- Apple wins an injunction against German Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tab from the IFA
- Bias in the IT age: the reality behind the rumors
- Vestel exhibits a BitTorrent Certified prototype TV at IFA
- Samsung i727 shows the decision of the FCC, AT and T confesses his secret LTE
- LG LCD LED E2391VR practice
- Torch BlackBerry 9850 Verizon officially arrived in September 8th $ 200
- Stuffing a PS3 and Xbox 360 in a PC case
- Creative distributes gaming headsets Sound Blaster audio platform Recon3D / sound cards
- Sony SA-NS500 HOMESHARE speaker knows how to work a room
- Ask Engadget: the best desktop OS for children?