from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/oXEY-2M28Z4/Groupon-Puts-IPO-On-Hold:
Accepted its bid first, news tips quantr plans IPO Groupon, which triggered skepticism about its high valuation and promoted the claims of a new dot-com bubble, were put on hold amid regulatory concerns and concerns about the market volatility. According to the WSJ, When the company filed to go public in early June, he drew criticism for its high marketing costs and unprofitable operations. The company was also asked by the Securities and Exchange Commission to remove an unusual accounting metric, known as consolidated adjusted. Segment operating income, which painted a more robust performance last week, the SEC also contacted a lawyer Groupon on another matter, said a person familiar with the situation: a leak of an internal memo Groupon chief executive Andrew Mason to its staff, in which he praised the company and criticized its detractors. making public statements about the financial situation of a company during an IPO is prohibited by SEC rules.
- Ask Engadget: the best desktop OS for children?
- AT and T responds to DoJ prosecution
- Verizon FiOS HD DVR Review (1.9)
- Doom is now approved for sale in Germany 17 years later
- Vitality Samsung serenades Music Muve itself for Cricket
- Inhabitat Week in Green: magnetic highways, the MoMA exhibition and Tech lasers in the sky
- Microsoft training may have helped the Tunisian regime to spy on citizens
- Wacom Inkling chip does draw the path to the old – a kind of (video)
- New USB 3.0 Flash Drive 2 TB storage
- Hackers may have caught more than 200 SSL Certificates