CWmike wrote an article in Computerworld on the destruction of yet another Google product. Extract from the article. Google has decided to retire from office, its first application launched in 2004 that is designed to allow people to search for files and data stored in disks of their computers’ hard He was one of the first products to Google against Microsoft and was designed to improve the search functionality found in native Windows. Desktop search has become an area of competition, Microsoft has responded to this challenge and others like Yahoo has launched its own products. However, Google has decided that with the popularity of cloud computing users and increasing comfort with Web applications, it is time to dismantle the office, he said in a recent blog. As of September 14, Google will also end support for Desktop API, services, gadgets and plug-ins. From the looks of it the ad implies that Google Gadgets are the ax too that a little more people could use.
- Vonage Launches Android App free international calls, still no service Brodo ASOG
- TiVo Premiere Elite provide quad tuners, 2 TB storage for sale this year
- Acer W4 hands on (video)
- LaunchPort accusations wireless iPad 2, infects users with jubilation (video)
- IRL: Nexus One, Sansa Clip Zip, DeLorme PN-60 and HP TouchPad
- Samsung High Fidelity app GPS position gives a boost Russian Mango
- Lenovo ThinkPad tablet tab Galaxy vs Samsung 10.1 … Fight!
- Google To Stop 10 Products
- DOT Grants $ 15M to test car to car communication
- Will Toshiba tablet will be appointed next Excite? Trademark filings suggest therefore