It has been several months since AMD has thrown down the gauntlet to Intel with its low-cost range Llano , and now Chipzilla responded with some new bargain basement sand silicon bridge . The update includes 11 new desktop processors: a chip i5, i3 three Core, and a handful of Pentium and Celeron dual-core as well. There are also five new mobile chips, including three new quad-core Core i7 (2960XM, and 2860QM 2760QM), and dual-core Core i7-B840 Celeron and 2640m. In a nod to separate these tough economic times, Intel cut prices on some of its existing models, too. Certainly, it is only a six percent reduction, at best, but we are sure that you can put those dollars to good use elsewhere in your next DIY platform.
- Ask Slashdot: better programs to learn?
- Tango Video calling out for Mango Windows Phone?
- Growing Up Geek: Sean Buckley
- Samsung to sell limited edition crystal-studded 9 Series laptops
- Akamai employee tried to sell secrets to Israel
- Quantum Phantom program turns your smartphone into a wireless mouse (video)
- Sony new Internet TV box, projector and Blu-ray player make an appearance at IFA
- Film Poster newly digitized 3D Graphics Ed Catmull was from 1972
- Verizon launches September 8 Bionic Droid giving some away with a treasure hunt AR
- Laptops in the classroom Do not increase Grades