The LG Optimus 3D is certainly not the thinnest smartphones we’ve ever seen, but it seems that the handset is about to get seriously Chunky streamlined. In an interview with Pocket-Lint, LG developer Dr. Henry Noh confirmed that his company is working on a slimmer version of its 4.3-inch phone, suggesting he could be ready for release next year. Noh did not provide details on the dimensions, but acknowledged that the current version, 11.9 mm (0.47 inches) thick, is certainly not the sexiest phone on the street – something he hopes to change. Eventually, we want to make to have the 3D will not necessarily mean that it will be thicker, said Noh. It will be a differentiating factor that comes free to the user. This In doing so, he claims, could help LG device without 3D glasses to distinguish themselves from competitors in 2D:
These days, all phones are alike, they have a 4.3 inch widescreen -. is normal these days – and next year they move even higher and they have a fixed number of touch buttons, they are the same thickness … They have the same device. And even the same operating system. It is so boring.
Of course, it remains to be seen whether this strategy actually pans out, but it’s certainly something we’ll keep an eye on.
- THX Media Director Star Wars coming to Blu-ray
- Torch BlackBerry 9850 Verizon officially arrived in September 8th $ 200
- Android App roster NFC taps to speed data transfer Bluetooth
- Dolly house Pico replaces roller skate tripods for smaller productions cameras (video)
- Defunct satellite to fall from the sky
- Vitality Samsung serenades Music Muve itself for Cricket
- Obama administrator wants hackers charged as gangsters
- Samsung Wave 3 hands on (video)
- Wicked Lasers S3 Krypton laser is bright enough to blind the astronauts (video)