What is the worst thing about TV? If you said opacity Boy Did we play your part. It is a 22-inch TV from the transparent organic folks at Haier (you know who have also shown that television out of control of the spirit of today). This is a flat screen with a metal bezel with a clear OLED at its center with a 1680 x 1050 resolution. Images appear strong enough on the screen, although the colors are not particularly popular.
And really, this thing is not likely to lead to any shows in the near future – Haier sees more as an advertising tool, showing its customers the images on both sides. The display in its demo was actually connected to a Windows PC, running video through a media player, making it is not too different from the 14-inch Samsung we saw at CES the last year.
Television is still in its infancy demo soon, so prices and availability are a ways off. Video after the break.
- Film Poster newly digitized 3D Graphics Ed Catmull was from 1972
- Booktrack Adds Music and sound effects to electronic books
- London Philharmonic Orchestra will pay tribute cover band with themed video game
- Sony new Internet TV box, projector and Blu-ray player make an appearance at IFA
- Google search results looking reclassification using a key data
- 18-Year-Old Student discovers Comet Break-Up
- KT Spider Concept Phone is a laptop, a tablet and a game console (video)
- Groupon Puts IPO on hold
- Xone Vodafone R and D center opens in Silicon Valley, wants to help startups grow
- Astronomers Find Unusual Star