Elgato been experimenting with live TV on the iPad for over a year , but until now, this meant that the streaming of programs that were already available online anyway – a significant limitation powerful do not you think? This week, however, the company announced EyeTV mobile TV tuner that plugs into the 30-pin connector 2 IPAD, allowing it to pull in television. We just happened to fall on the Elgato booth here at IFA and treated ourselves to a short break in TV. The tuner, which easily fits in the palm of your hand when the antenna is collapsed, only lets you draw by using signals in the DVB-T, so make no mistake it is a product just for our readers Europe. (Although Elgato says he hopes to release something similar in Japan.) Even more than the equipment or programming selection (tbol fu, anyone?), We remain impressed by the free EyeTV iOS, whose interface is almost the same as the HDHomeRun iPad app with the ability to drag the screen to change channels and, in this case, save your position. It will be available across the pond for € 99.95 / £ 99.95 at the end of this month. Until then (or if you’re just stuck in the states), see our hands on the pictures below and a demo video after the break.
- Ask Slashdot: Can you identify this UAV?
- NVIDIA’s CEO sees significant growth in the treatment of mobile quad-core tablets come this year
- Acer Aspire Ultrabook S3 announced officially begins to € 799
- Logic Circuit ‘biological destroys cancer cells
- Tivoli Audio PAL Announces + and model 10 + clock radio, we go over the ears
- Bill Gates, Patents ‘Virtual Entertainment’
- Zero1.tv the Voomote Zapper brings the universal remote users iOS
- Ask Engadget: the best desktop OS for children?
- Tango Video calling out for Mango Windows Phone?
- Do celebrity endorsements on Google + require disclosure?