Elgato been experimenting with live TV on the iPad for over a year , but until now, this meant that the streaming of programs that were already available online anyway – a significant limitation powerful do not you think? This week, however, the company announced EyeTV mobile TV tuner that plugs into the 30-pin connector 2 IPAD, allowing it to pull in television. We just happened to fall on the Elgato booth here at IFA and treated ourselves to a short break in TV. The tuner, which easily fits in the palm of your hand when the antenna is collapsed, only lets you draw by using signals in the DVB-T, so make no mistake it is a product just for our readers Europe. (Although Elgato says he hopes to release something similar in Japan.) Even more than the equipment or programming selection (tbol fu, anyone?), We remain impressed by the free EyeTV iOS, whose interface is almost the same as the HDHomeRun iPad app with the ability to drag the screen to change channels and, in this case, save your position. It will be available across the pond for € 99.95 / £ 99.95 at the end of this month. Until then (or if you’re just stuck in the states), see our hands on the pictures below and a demo video after the break.
- 3TB Hard Drive Round Up
- LG Optimus practice Sol
- Icloud Apple runs on Microsoft Azure
- ASUS laptop G74SX Thurs-A1 gets rated, likes a bit of Battleship
- Alloy could produce hydrogen fuel using sunlight
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Report Warns Space Junk Reaching a tipping point
- Domino Pizza plans on the Moon
- Tapping Metros For energy
- Nike unveils shoe MAG 2011, to auction 1,500 pairs of kicks in the coolest Hill Valley for charity