from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/i0-gblzqc_M/Tapping-Subway-Trains-For-Energy:
An anonymous reader writes Industrial manufacturer of energy wheel Vycon believe they can exploit the huge amount of kinetic energy carried by the movement of subway trains to subsidize the power systems of the city. Not only does this reduce emissions but would also prevent emergencies peak power. This energy could be used to run trains again – a subway train of 10 cars in the system of New York requires a shake three to four megawatts of electricity for 30 seconds to get up to cruising speed – it’s enough energy to 1300 average U.S. homes.
- Creative Zen X-FI3 hands on (video)
- Torch BlackBerry 9850 Verizon officially arrived in September 8th $ 200
- In California Treating folds Amazon Sales Tax
- Ask Slashdot: better programs to learn?
- Nissan Leaf mod offers state of the battery more precise, less streamlined within
- Jetstream HTC hits AT and T store, receives compared
- Ask Slashdot: Can you identify this UAV?
- Sprint to Upgrade to double costs $ 36 from Sept. 9?
- Sprint International ZTE CDMA Mobile Hotspot does the United States, the mobile phone abroad
- Karaoke mic for iPad Soulo come to a thin wall near you