An anonymous reader writes After previously saying the Iranian hack Diginotar CA certificates did not compromise the Dutch government, it was decided that there are too many risks and certificates will be revoked after all ( Dutch text of origin). Since the Dutch government has been using only Diginotar provided certificates, that will leave all government web sites with invalid certificates when a new supplier is sought. The Minister of the Interior recommends that people not to use the websites, if a warning about an invalid certificate appears. Related: Reader TheAppalasian links to Johnathan Nightingale of Mozilla engineering explaining in clear terms why DigiNotar should no longer be trusted.
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- Google to introduce new programming language – Dart
- Responds to Diginotar Rogue certificate problem
- Robot roller Solar carries to work on a tank of humiliation (video)
- First fully electric helicopters manned flight
- The microbes produce energy as they clean up nuclear waste
- Growing Up Geek: Kevin Wong
- U.S. Senate passes the patent system reform bill, Obama is expected to sign into law
- Groupon Puts IPO on hold
- Karaoke mic for iPad Soulo come to a thin wall near you