Do not talk. Princeton researchers know exactly what you say – sort of. Well, the Ivy League team of neuroscientists, led by Professor Matthew Botvinick, can not read your mind without using a functional MRI , but one day, the group hopes to make your silent pauses and make available for the public consumption. By mapping out the areas of brain activity to words meditated by the subjects, the group was able to create semantic discussions based on emotions, thoughts, plans or socially oriented neural activity associated with select . So what do these experiences good’ll high brow word association for us? For one, it could pave the way for automatic translation machines, the extension of silicon assisted in Grok our inner worlds that churns nonverbal computer-generated chatter, give voice to those unable to speak. And if it is used for worse? More terribly horrible poems written by psy spirit unencumbered by Jewel. In fact , wait. We could be there.
- Akamai employee tried to sell secrets to Israel
- Refresh Roundup: Week of August 29, 2011
- Creative distributes gaming headsets Sound Blaster audio platform Recon3D / sound cards
- Viewsonic abandons plans for Boxee-powered TV
- Acer Aspire Ultrabook S3 announced officially begins to € 799
- Lenovo ThinkPad tablet tab Galaxy vs Samsung 10.1 … Fight!
- Sprint BlackBerry Curve 9350 will be delayed until October
- Is Nintendo 3DS joystick add-on?
- Dutch government revokes certificates Diginotar
- Will Toshiba tablet will be appointed next Excite? Trademark filings suggest therefore