from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/LmjgD-QigwU/Building-2011s-Sub-200-Computer:
adeelarshad82 links to reflect the recent PC Magazine (update of a similar detailed search last year) to see if one could put together decent PC for under $ 200. It turns out that among some large business an AMD processor and a Linux OS, it can actually be done. They come away with a decent enough for the money – but omitting an optical drive in a desktop full size seems to build something like cheating.
- For Windows 8 ‘Fast Startup Mode’ Feature
- Western Digital, Seagate and Hitachi will compete in round-3 TB hard drive
- Robot roller Solar carries to work on a tank of humiliation (video)
- Ask Slashdot: Best Supporting Major For a mechanical engineer?
- Toshiba Regza HDTV nine WL800A connects to your smartphone via MHL
- Toshiba Qosmio DX730 all-in-one styles Regza brings to your desktop
- Do celebrity endorsements on Google + require disclosure?
- Creative Zen X-FI3 hands on (video)
- Single-Chip DIMM to replace large sticks of RAM
- Samsung Wave 3 hands on (video)