from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/LmjgD-QigwU/Building-2011s-Sub-200-Computer:
adeelarshad82 links to reflect the recent PC Magazine (update of a similar detailed search last year) to see if one could put together decent PC for under $ 200. It turns out that among some large business an AMD processor and a Linux OS, it can actually be done. They come away with a decent enough for the money – but omitting an optical drive in a desktop full size seems to build something like cheating.
- Newspaper editor resigns on paper Flawed Global Warming
- Army kills bacteria electrified uranium, Captain Planet gives a run for its money
- AT and T responds to DoJ prosecution
- Paralyzed Robot control patients with brain waves
- Sony VAIO S Series Review (15 inches)
- Barobo iMobot bear learns of your orders, will definitely make Varsity (video)
- Stanford AI class beta for a commercial launch?
- Inhabitat Week in Green: magnetic highways, the MoMA exhibition and Tech lasers in the sky
- The proposed Crypto Revives Ethics cypherpunk
- Iridium satellite phone AxcessPoint turns your mobile into a hotspot