from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/LmjgD-QigwU/Building-2011s-Sub-200-Computer:
adeelarshad82 links to reflect the recent PC Magazine (update of a similar detailed search last year) to see if one could put together decent PC for under $ 200. It turns out that among some large business an AMD processor and a Linux OS, it can actually be done. They come away with a decent enough for the money – but omitting an optical drive in a desktop full size seems to build something like cheating.
- Tech MSI reversible fan keeps dust, cooled graphics card
- Robopocalypse coming to a theater near you, Spielberg to nip in PG
- Updates STOR.E Toshiba external hard drives for PCs and TVs
- Toshiba Regza HDTV nine WL800A connects to your smartphone via MHL
- Dolly house Pico replaces roller skate tripods for smaller productions cameras (video)
- Attackers Kernel.org Did not know what they had
- Bill Gates, Patents ‘Virtual Entertainment’
- Amp free WiFi to Auckland for the Rugby World Cup
- Invisibility Cloak BAE Infrared tanks cold as ice, hot like cows
- Ask Slashdot: better programs to learn?