from: http://rss.slashdot.org/ ~ r / Slashdot / slashdot / ~ 3/LmjgD-QigwU/Building-2011s-Sub-200-Computer:
adeelarshad82 links to reflect the recent PC Magazine (update of a similar detailed search last year) to see if one could put together decent PC for under $ 200. It turns out that among some large business an AMD processor and a Linux OS, it can actually be done. They come away with a decent enough for the money – but omitting an optical drive in a desktop full size seems to build something like cheating.
- Dutch government revokes certificates Diginotar
- NYT work on Magic Mirror Bathroom Surf
- Meaning comes to 3.5 Desire HD HTC, informally
- Electric motor made from a single molecule
- E Ink Demos new screens, gadgets at IFA 2011
- Study suggests magnets can force you to tell the truth
- The iPhone’s role in weakening T-Mobile
- The proposed Crypto Revives Ethics cypherpunk
- Is this the end of Righthaven?
- Nissan Leaf mod offers state of the battery more precise, less streamlined within