esocids writing with some Daily Tech on the current spat between Apple and the rest of the mobile world. Extract from the article. Lawyers for Apple are crying foul about Samsung, Motorola and … supposedly anti-competitive use of patents … Apparently, Apple is angry about counterclaims of these companies, which rely heavily on patents covering wireless communications, many of which are governed by the fair, reasonable and non discriminatory (F / RAND) principle, as they were developed in the context of industry standards. … Apple makes concerned that Motorola in its counterclaim refuses to differentiate between 7 F / RAND patents in its collection of 18 patents. … Regardless of what Florian Mueller said, it is difficult to argue that the rules of F / RAND is largely dictated the community and ambiguous.
- Pogoplug mobile hands on
- Ask Slashdot: Classroom eco-projects tailored to Alaska?
- New program makes it easy to turn your computer into a chatty conversational
- Defunct satellite to fall from the sky
- The limited liability claims attack Wikileaks
- Sprint BlackBerry Curve 9350 will be delayed until October
- Panasonic showcases two prototype 3D camera lenses, announces 3D camcorder HDC-Z10000
- Astronomers Find Unusual Star
- KT Spider Concept Phone is a laptop, a tablet and a game console (video)
- HP Pavilion dm1 refreshes with a new design, Intel ULV CPU Core i3 (video)