esocids writing with some Daily Tech on the current spat between Apple and the rest of the mobile world. Extract from the article. Lawyers for Apple are crying foul about Samsung, Motorola and … supposedly anti-competitive use of patents … Apparently, Apple is angry about counterclaims of these companies, which rely heavily on patents covering wireless communications, many of which are governed by the fair, reasonable and non discriminatory (F / RAND) principle, as they were developed in the context of industry standards. … Apple makes concerned that Motorola in its counterclaim refuses to differentiate between 7 F / RAND patents in its collection of 18 patents. … Regardless of what Florian Mueller said, it is difficult to argue that the rules of F / RAND is largely dictated the community and ambiguous.
- Lenovo announces Ultrabook U300, U300 and U400 IdeaPad, we go on the hands (video)
- Stanford AI class beta for a commercial launch?
- Swarmanoid ‘bots rule Air, Land, Library
- Nissan Leaf mod offers state of the battery more precise, less streamlined within
- IHome has AirPlay IW1 wireless speaker system available September 26 for $ 300
- Torch BlackBerry 9850 Verizon officially arrived in September 8th $ 200
- Apple wins an injunction against German Samsung Galaxy 7.7 tab from the IFA
- Google to introduce new programming language – Dart
- Moxie Marlinspike solution to the problem of SSL CA
- Obama administrator wants hackers charged as gangsters